Fact Finding... Unban Request - ᴄɢᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ8

Discussion in 'Bans / Unbans' started by CGDoctor8, Oct 22, 2017.

1. CGDoctor8

CGDoctor8 Guest

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Mun

Mun Administrator

I’m confused by your comments in regards to “server owners”? What am I abusing in regards to you?

3. Mun

Mun Administrator

Can you get any regulars to vouche for you? I’ll add a VPN exception if so.

4. Mun

Mun Administrator

Just like your comment on mommy enabled kiddos that are servers owners. Other mommy enabled kids utilize vpns to get past bans in this free to play game. They continually spin up accounts, install there cheats, and harass players on the server. You may find it silly, and trust me... I find it silly too. However, these kiddos became a problem and I had to put a vpn block in place. VAC is useless, SMAC can only do so much against modern specifically crafted cheats, and I can't keep plugging holes created by VPNs one by one.

5. Mun

Mun Administrator

Accounts are being traded, or rather stolen. And then used for cheats as well. Commonly used to get around those issues and restrictions.

6. Mun

Mun Administrator

You would be surprised. I see your criticism... and one day when I have enough time to look around the foolish steam API I will. However, when I did testing I found many of the things you listed as not being effective tools. I tested them out, and found no strong correlation between it.

7. Mun

Mun Administrator

Try joining now for me as well.

8. Garyx

Garyx New Member

Dude you are trying to contest yourself to a server that has players from the beginning of TF2 in the late 2000s foo, none of this is impressive and really does nothing to prove much less justify any of your actions on G.S.N.; furthermore anyone that uses VPNs are not exactly looking to be innocent with their actions online especially those that play video games. On top of that I have NEVER heard of any or encountered any "younger owners" on community servers that behave in this manner, trust me I know because I spend a lot of time exploring said servers. Even more so I've had threats of DDOS's and worse over the 16+ years of my life in the gaming community and not a single one has ever been followed through in any way shape or form and if so it's usually some tryhard stalking me through stat websites and games. And as for asking about vouches, I have no idea who you are on the server as well. My best advice to you is simply to not use VPNs on Muns server at all and if you do end up using them for other servers on TF2 try to remember to shut this down when you want to play on GSN's servers to further avoid having to go through what can sometimes be lengthy ordeals on the forums that take up a lot of time and resources. GL & HF @ GSN

9. Garyx

Garyx New Member

Also you can literally buy a program at a computer store for VPNs buddy, and stealing accounts is REALLY not that hard too even then if these "tech savvy" hackers even do get past the vpn block they have to deal with well programmed bots and IN GAME player eyes who can spot their malicious activities right off the bat 99% of the time so I'm pretty sure Regs and staff at GSN are not quaking in their boots over what you have said. Layers and layers of security>some teen/young adult with a VPN

10. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

A lot of our players are F2P and just starting out on TF2/Steam. This doesn't mean that all of them should be kicked for it because we put them in a stereotype of "All F2P's are hackers". And if they are new to Steam and on our servers, that means that TF2 is most likely their only game if they're on our servers and TF2 is free so your last suggestion of kicking people if they don't own a paid game/paid account doesn't really make sense. The problem with your point is that it's designed to drive innocent players away and a lot of our player base would be kicked/banned due to reasons you've listed. And the VPN detection isn't perfect either but it has helped us a lot so far with catching people who are avoiding bans that they rightfully deserve, especially with hackers who used to continuously rejoin without us being able to do anything because they were using multiple free VPN services.

Garyx likes this.