Taunt Crits??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yang, Jul 20, 2017.

?

Should Taunt crits be extended to a more realistic and useful level?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. yang

yang New Member

Hello all, this is my first post. While I might not have been on the vsh server as long as others, I feel like i have put in a decent amount of playtime. For the most part I feel the server is fantastic, as opposed to many other terrible.. freak fortress servers. So, overall its great to see a vanilla, saxton hale server with a decent amount of regular players. However, there is one thing that has been bothering me for a while now: taunt crits. Its sad to see how useless this ability is. Two second taunt crits? Whats the point in that? I feel the taunt crits should be longer. Most servers have them set at 8 seconds. No one ever uses taunt crits on this server, as its almost entirely useless and pointless gimmick. Either the taunt crits need to be longer like most servers, or removed altogether.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Closed Closet

Closed Closet New Member

8 seconds seems a little long to me since it can be op for some classes like Heavy, although 3-5 seems like a reasonable to me.
    anyways I've been wondering about something like this for a while and i support the idea

3. Holdfish

Holdfish (G-S.N) Admin

To be honest, I could see that this is like a pointless gimmick. But it should stay like that. Playing other vsh servers, I have realized that having 3-8 seconds of crits when taunting could be exploited by many users in the community.

Closed Closet likes this.
  4. Garyx

Garyx New Member

I also agree, all the popular weapons in the GSN servers are for the most part already in perm crit mode by default, although amusing taunt crits seem pointless because of this.

5. Chicago_Ben

Chicago_Ben I regret everything.

[​IMG]
    Adding anymore taunt crits just messes with the balance of vsh like we don't even understand like on other vsh servers. Makes heavy/soldiers/scouts much better, demos with stickies are encouraged to camp for crits. I fear a lot of the styles that are encouraged with taunt crits is slow defensive styles that vsh doesn't need.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Holdfish and Garyx like this.