1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved VSH removed suggested maps: detra_v2 , arena_ravine

Discussion in 'Report Issues / Get Support' started by Chicago_Ben, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Chicago_Ben

Chicago_Ben I regret everything.

THIS IS MORE OF REMOVING OUTDATED VERSIONS OF MAPS WE HAVE NEWER VERSIONS OF!
    POST YOUR OPINIONS ON EACH MAP AND WHY IT SHOULD STAY OR BE REMOVED! DO IT FOR MY CAT.

Detra_v2 (GSN has v3)
    20170324174355_1.jpg
    -Map has 4 small hp kits , 3 large kits, 8 small ammo kits but its all in small tiny corners of the map that feels like its a drag to get ammo and hp on most of this map.
    -The outside just feels very empty especially the middle area, and I find this map kills the server vibe and people leave in droves on this map.
    -The underground spot on this version is much more abusable and can create longer delaying scenarios and cheap tactics that the other version makes less crouch spot heavy.
    -Map has terrible lighting and just looking at this map makes me feel depressed. What is this coloring compared to D3?
    -Map takes a long time to navigate IMO

arena_ravine (gsn has vsh_ravine_revamped by phazon)
    20170324175936_1.jpg
    -6 small ammo, 0 hp outside of spawn if gsn servers spawn them...... its a arena map which does not have vsh in mind when it was built
    -boring map that is very saxton hale sided..... no good spots anywhere for any class and open enough for hale to fly around but enough buildings to make it hard to snipe.
    -Hale can reach Blues within 7 seconds and REDs have no good areas to fight in that time frame.
    -0 hp
    -0 hp
    -MEDIC
    -MEDICS DEAD
    -Saxton wins

Post thoughts on these 2 maps in gsn. The fate of the map rotation rests in your incapable, sweaty, and dirty and weird hands. (something Nurse would say)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

I support removing these maps. Ravine is way too hard to play on considering there's barely any hp (only in spawn) and barely any ammo and most people don't even know where those are. Whenever it switches to this map, most people seem to leave but with the newer version people stay/more people join since it's a better version overall.

Detra: The newer version is a lot better than the old one above. There's also a lot more additions to the newer version that makes it much more fun. There's also an easier way to get into the hardest spot to be as hale which is the little room that only has 2 small entrances where engies like to camp.

All in all both of these maps have better updated versions for sure and there's no reason for the old ones to still be in the map rotation.

3. Garyx

Garyx New Member

I'm down for a new version of Detra as well, although I feel the spread of health/ammo is pretty balanced it has been a long time coming for a new version of it. I'm in!

Ravine could be another map that just needs to go away though. It's enjoyable for about five minutes then I just wanna pluck my eyes out.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  4. ruhahaha

ruhahaha (G-S.N) Admin

"The fate of the map rotation rests in your incapable, sweaty, and dirty and weird hands. (something Nurse would say)"
    [​IMG]

5. Chicago_Ben

6. Closed Closet

Closed Closet New Member

the old ravine still is somewhat unique compared to the newer one, imo i don't think it should be removed because it still has some features that the new one doesn't have.

7. Chicago_Ben

Such as? it has like 4 ammo and 0 hp outside of gsn adding some in spawn.

8. Closed Closet

Closed Closet New Member

the sunset and the lighting makes it somewhat unique, imo.

9. Chicago_Ben

Plz closet give me real reasons not shadows and lighting. Both have decent lighting one is night one is day.

10. Mun

Mun Ice Queen Supreme

Removed

11. Chicago_Ben

PRAISE BE DELTRA IS GONE !

[​IMG]