1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fact Finding... Unban Request - Spyro

Discussion in 'Bans / Unbans' started by Spyro, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Spyro

Spyro New Member

So I was playing on one of your tfdb servers(Gaming-Servers.net | Dodgeball | San Jose, CA)and I'm quite new to tf2 and my friend told me to try dodge ball, so I'm playing and I figure it out pretty quickly even though I was lagging really bad. I even figured out how to orbit it but while I was playing for the second time today I got a really nice streak of hitting the rocket and I ended up winning the round. Then the guys on the sever said I was "hacking" I didn't even understand how you could hack in a gamemode like this there is no aiming. But then one of them typed in !calladmin and then my name and hacking and a player named Orthos joined the game and I new he was an admin obviously but I didn't care because I know I'm not cheating and so should he. Well I was wrong because the second I started doing good again I got banned for a week and the admin that banned me left a nasty comment too "He ' s got a point. You never know when an admin could be watching... ( autoairblast )". I obviously knew he was watching but I didn't care because I'm not actually cheating. Anyways I got banned for "autoairblast" and that pretty much explains it self its like a hack that auto blasts the rockets. Mind you I didn't even know something like this existed when I saw the ban I had a pretty good idea of what autoairblast meant but I looked it up anyways and I know I was not doing that. The admin dosen't even have a demo (its like an ingame video I looked it up it says right next to the ban he didn't have one.) of me using "autoairblast". Its so annoying to join a game and get banned by a immature admin who taunts after banning. Not to mention he only joined for less than 3 minutes and was like yup that guy is hackin alright. Even though I wasn't and I was lagging. I get it that it was an accident but he really should make sure someone is cheating before banning.

Username: Spyro
    Steam_Id: STEAM_0:1:387205551
    Thanks for the help.
    - Spyro

2. Orthros

Orthros New Member

First off, I would like to apologize for that comment I made. That WAS immature of me, and rest assured it won't happen in the future.

When I first joined, I knew I hadn't changed my name. I was on for about two minutes or so, before leaving. During this time, I watched one round where you died to a fairly quick switch. That seemed legit. However, after I left, I changed my name and went offline on steam. Then I rejoined. This is what I recorded. Be sure to watch it through fully.

Now, I admit that a couple of those could be argued off as lag, and Cammy did hit one for you, but my main focus was that last rocket. That was not an easy one to catch, and not only that, but you'll notice that you hit it without actually looking at it. Even with lag, that shouldn't have been possible. This, combined with the fact that you are new to TF2, having, at most, 31 hours of game time during this clip (I assume a few less; when I checked your profile this morning it said you had 31,) made the entire thing more than a little fishy. That in mind, I've left it up to the staff team as a whole to decide.

If this actually was legit gameplay, then I apologize. However, when adding everything together, it just didn't seem right. Good luck. -Orthros

3. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

2:56 in the video is extremely suspicious. Your rainblower was wayy too far from the rocket to be able to airblast it at that range. The rocket was above your head and you aimed your rainblower up at it exteremely late and if someone else did that, they would die. You however, didn't. You were late to hitting the rocket and yet you still caught it? That doesn't happen in dodgeball unless someone is hacking. Lagging does not change that. That whole round brings a hint of hacking in my eyes.

If you hit one rocket at that speed, I would count it as luck. But you hit them continuously and as someone new to dodgeball, it's unheard of.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Garyx likes this.
  4. CrackuhJax

CrackuhJax Retired (G-S.N) Admin

I wouldn't say that clip is exactly conclusive that you're hacking. Although your playstyle is very fishy. Can't exactly keep up with the rocket but you're hitting it anyway, and that last rocket was extremely questionable, you weren't even looking at it. Plus if you're saying you're new to tf2 with ~30 hours total, than that makes it even more questionable. Hitting a 160 mph wave with only 30 hours in the game (and saying it was skill) is completely unrealistic. I would've waited for more proof of this, but taking everything into consideration, you're a hacker.

5. Spyro

Spyro New Member

First off what video?? I don't see a video. Second I was not cheating you can call me a cheater if u want but it does not change the fact that I was not cheating and will not cheat. I understand why you banned me for being new basically and hitting a hard shot. I would like to see this recording to see what it looks like on your end because I don't want to seem like an asshole if It really looks like I was hacking. Even I know that demos can be glitchy and spectating isn't 100% accurate. I can assure you I was not hacking.

6. Spyro

Spyro New Member

ok i can see the video now. and it does look like cheating. honestly if i saw that i would think they were cheating but i wasnt. now i can see that it was a demo and it looks like its lagging behind almost. i appreciate the apology for what you said and i'm sorry i got so upset even though its not really your fault. I honestly wish i was recording my self so u could see how it was on my end. honestly that demo looks fake to me i know its not it just looks nothing like what was on my screen. even my crosshair placement was just so off. I understand its not ur fault its just a miss understanding. please fix this issue and unban my account. I don't want to wait a week to play even though i didn't do anything its just so frustrating.